Project update December 2023
18 December 2023
- Works are wrapping up for the peak summer period. You’ll see the fences come down over the next few days (if they haven’t come down already).
- The team has been busy getting the foreshore site ready for the temporary reopening. Interim measures have been installed including compacted sand paths, lawn in some areas and beach sand to ensure the area can be used over the summer period. Please note that this is a ‘work in progress’ area so signs will be installed next week letting people know of future work in the area.
- Work is also wrapping up around Tregea and Morris Street corners. New concrete is being laid and the team will finish the concrete pit lids early this week
- The works compound opposite the Visitor Information Centre will be made smaller over the break, opening up some of the grassed area. The fences will be changed early next week.
- A final layer of concrete is being laid on the Tregea Street / Morris Street corner – it should be completed by the time you receive this update
Norfolk Island Pines (Lord Street)
- Council has engaged an independent arborist who is advising on the care of and proposed works around the Norfolk Pines. Some canopy trimming is planned for early in the new year.
We wish to thank you for your patience while the Town Centre revitalisation project takes place. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
You can read the previous weekly updates via the links at the end of this page.
Subject to change depending on weather and availability of supplies.
Works wrap up this week with a break over the Christmas and New Year period. Works will start again at the end of January after the Australia Day long weekend.